Being away from Facebook is not something anyone can think of. With the interests in people to share their daily acctivities, trips, etc. via Facebook increasing day by day, it has become a necessity for people to check Facebook and get updated with their friend’s activities. The number of users have increased in an exponential curve over the past few years.
But a problem that we cannot avoid with Facebook is that there are a lot of hackers out there looking to get access to your account and use it for their needs. The question running in your minds, what should I do if my Facebook account is hacked? Well, these are some steps you could follow to set things rights if your account has been hacked.
- If you think your account has been hacked, click here.
- You get the Facebook login page with a dialog box, “Report Compromised Account”. Select the option -“Mt Account is Compromised”. Once you are done with this, Facebook will ask you to enter either your email, phone number, username or full name associated with your Facebook account. Enter it and click on Search.
- The third step involves entering a captcha. Enter the captcha and click on continue.
- Here, you will be asked to identify your account. If you have entered your email id, only your account will be displayed. In case you don’t remember the email id associated with the account and went with the username, all the accounts with that username will be displayed. Select your account from them.
- After you have identified your account and continued with it, you will have to enter the last used password, i.e. the one you used to log in before the hack.
- The next step is resetting your password. Well, if you believe that your account is hacked then it is obvious that you should change your password. You can get it done by a link sent to your email id.
- Make a new strong password from the link sent to your mail. If you don’t have access to your mail then click the option, “No longer have access to these”.
- Enter the new email address or the new phone number to continue with your Facebook account. From now, the email or phone number associated to your account will be the one you enter now.
- Once you have confirmed you new email id or phone number, you will have to answer your security question. Well, you have to remember the answer, because you can proceed further only if you answer it correctly.
- This is same as the sixth step. Create a new and strong password. Make sure that the password is no way similar to the previous one. Also make sure that the password is not related to your details, like name or date of birth, etc. Enter the password and confirm it.
Follow the 10 steps and secure your account.